We have partnered and have a major stake in the Spain-based ‘Marine Biotech S.L’.
Introduction to MBI
Marine Biotech S.L. (Marine Biotech or MBI) has been designed to be the holding company of a solid European integrated fish and seafood group of companies to supply international clients that demand high quality sea products. MBI key competitive factors are:
1. The Team of experts to support the project.
2. Actual Assets include:
• Fish farm, juvenile production facility and R&D centre in Carchuna, Granada (Spain). See Attachment 1.
• 15 yrs. Leasehold of 300 Ha prawn farm in Cadiz (Spain). See Attachment 2.
3. Great knowledge of the fish the industry and access to target companies that could be acquired.
4. Access to aquiculture technologies of high quality products like octopus, sole, prawn, etc.
5. Great R&D and innovation capacities.
Introduction to the Project
Due to the unique and privileged access to the fish industry in the South of Europe, MBI executives have the capacity to identify great companies to be acquired. This brings the opportunity to create a specialized group of companies with global international access to fish raw material and strong distribution capacity to supply international markets. The principal strengths of the group will be:
1. Excellence in global purchasing of fish and seafood raw material.
2. Great logistic and distribution capabilities.
3. Strong processing capacities for value added products.
4. Clear access to sustainable aquiculture, and juvenile production.
The group can be consolidated through the acquisition of different relevant companies around MBI. The first target company that could be acquired is presented in this document available on request. This company could represent a solid backbone to THE PROJECT.
Main facts about THE COMPANY
There is a very good opportunity to acquire THE COMPANY as the owners have decided to sell 100% of the shares to a solvent investment group who can bring it a new level and ensure expansion and future growth. THE COMPANY was founded in Spain 20 years ago and has been consistently growing since then. It has built the best reputation and a very good knowledge of the sea food industry.
Basic facts about THE COMPANY:
• Main Activity: Trading and processing of high value added fish and seafood.
• Actual Sales: Euro 20M. Actual EBITDA 1.2M.
• Wide range of products: Octopus, cuttlefish, squid, prawn, lobster, cod, sole, hake, monkfish, etc.
• THE COMPANY has its own raw material supply channels in place. Actually purchasing from fisheries in the Northern and Eastern Atlantic, and Mediterranean.
• THE COMPANY has distribution channels in place supplying to Major European Supermarket Chains in Spain.
• THE COMPANY operates a processing plant with boiling, cooking, freezing, packaging and logistic facilities.
• Product is delivered fresh, refrigerated, frozen, boiled or pre-cooked, depending on the need of each client.
• THE COMPANY holds a very big potential to grow in different lines:
• Highly grow exports particularly to Middle East.
• Introduction of new products.
• Expand purchasing capacity to other areas like: Western and South Atlantic and Pacific.
• Open new specialized sale channels like HORECA and food service
Supply Platform for High Quality Seafood Products Page2/2 April 2019 Strictly Private and Confidential